Saturday, April 28, 2018

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon: Part II

It's past the midway part of the read-a-thon and heading into the hours when I will actually be able to get some uninterrupted reading in. It's going to be a fine balance since I may be able to stay up late and read, but I'll have to pay for it if I go too long as the toddler will still wake up at his usual time tomorrow morning and want breakfast. Also...it would appear that the Nook is considering losing its charge, so I'll have to have a traditional book at the ready as backup. 

Mid-Event Survey

1. What are you reading right now?


I've gotten about halfway through the book and it's looking good that I may finish it here in the next few hours. It's a bit of a jumble, not a writing style that I'm used to, but I'm enjoying it all the same.


2. How many books have you read so far?

Ha. This is it. I've managed to get about 2 1/2 - 3 hours of reading pieced together through the day, so not much has really been accomplished on the reading front. Oh well...it was as expected. That's the way it goes.


3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-Thon?

I'm really not quite sure. I have to see what I have accessible in my paperback selection (most books are boxed in the basement as we work on our house remodel). I'll plug the Nook back in to charge while I read whatever I find there. If I manage somehow to hit a third book (which I'm very unlikely to have happen), I'm thinking that I may go for Celeste Ng's Little Fires Everywhere


4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

Ah...story of my day. I've pretty much just put the read-a-thon on the back burner unfortunately. The little guy took most of the day, though I squeezed in some reading while he napped. After that, we spent some time as a family, went for a walk, and got some farm chores done. The boys ate some dinner (I seem to have lost my appetite for the evening) and we got the little guy bathed and ready for bed. But...now it's time to retreat to the bedroom and some nice quiet reading time. Yay!


5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-Thon, so far?

It's been a different one for me this time for sure. I need to figure out a way to redesign my approach to read-a-thons since I still very much want to participate, but have to work them around my family. Though my 13-month-old will be getting older and plays fairly well independently, he still needs my attention during the day. And his little brother will soon be along with all the requirements of an infant. More concerning...they'll soon outnumber me. That in itself could prove interesting. Those of you in a similar situation who have suggestions...I'm all ears! I'd love to be able to juggle some read-a-thon time a bit more efficiently.


And now...back to the books. I'll be doing a wrap up post sometime tomorrow...likely during afternoon naptime. In the meantime, wish me luck! Happy reading everyone!

1 comment:

  1. The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland looks so good - I'm glad to hear you were enjoying it. Hope the rest of your readathon went well!:)

    ReplyDelete

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips