Monday, August 21, 2017

Bout of Books 20: The Starting Line


Happy Eclipse Monday everyone! It's cloudy up here and we're nowhere near the zone of totality, so we just watched the eclipse on TV. Definitely something interesting, but wouldn't have been worth the 250 mile drive for us. Guess we'll just have to see what happens in 2024.

I'm getting ready to fire up my reading for Bout of Books. I'm not as prepared as usual...for some reason I had issues remembering that yesterday was Sunday. I failed to do my grocery shopping, so my snack options are just meh. Hopefully I can rectify that before the weekend so I can do this right with some of the usual spread.

For those of you not familiar with Bout of Books...
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 21st and runs through Sunday, August 27th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 20 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
I've participated in seven Bout of Books read-a-thons. This is my eighth. It's one of my favorite read-a-thons to take part in.

Here's the plan...

Read-a-Thon Goals

1. Read every day.
2. Read for a total of at least 400 minutes.
3. Read at least 350 pages.
4. Complete at least 2 books.
5. Read at least 10 books with Brecken.
6. Participate in at least one Twitter chat.
7. Complete at least 2 Mini-Challenges.

I'm keeping track of my progress via my Excel spreadsheet and then I'll be posting it on the blog using my newly revamped Goal Tracker.

As far as what I'm reading...I have a loose idea of my TBR pile. Here's what's currently in the stack...





I'm a little over halfway finished with The Weight of Feathers by Anna-Marie McLemore. I'm quite liking it. It's something of modern day retelling of Romeo and Juliet in a fantasy setting. I wasn't sure about it at first, but it's keeping my attention very well. There is high promise for a great rating.

Are you participating in Bout of Books? I'm looking forward to this evening's Twitter chat. It's always crazy, but a great time and I typically wind up with a pile of books to add to the burgeoning TBR.

 But for now, it's time to open up the spreadsheet and get this train rolling. It's time to read!

2 comments:

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips